Thursday, July 18, 2013

   Some thoughts on the Gay Rights movement:
 
  My guiding principle on this issue is three fold: 1) I believe fully in liberty and justice for all. Isn't being free to decide one's destiny the whole point of being an American? 2) I will let anybody do their thing, as long as it doesn...'t affect me and my thing. Giving people the right to marry whom they choose doesn't really affect me or my thing. So we're good. You start telling me I have to be gay in order to support gay people and then we will have a problem. And 3) I try my best to follow the example of Jesus Christ, who, does not condone homosexuality, but, he also does not condone my less obvious sins either. He said love everyone. and so, that is what I will do. I don't agree that being homosexual is by any means acceptable. But I also believe that no one should be barred from making their own decisions. Tomorrow I could be forbidden from owning guns or practicing my religion, I wouldn't like that one bit. So I cant be a hypocrite and tell others what they can or cannot do. I support peoples right to marry whom they choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment